Home » College Health » Alcohol Basics

Alcohol Basics

Do you like your Friday night alcohol? While it is alright to have alcohol in moderate quantities, too much consumption can lead to serious consequences. Learning about alcohol basics is important so that you know how much of it is OK and what is not desirable. When you consume too much alcohol in a short period of time, it can lead to a deadly condition called alcohol poisoning. Too much consumption can affect the heart rate, breathing and gag reflex. As a result, in some severe cases it might even be prove to be fatal. You may also suffer from this condition when you drink household products with alcohol, either accidentally or intentionally.

In case the condition gets serious, you must seek medical help at once. The signs of alcohol poisoning include vomiting, slow breathing, seizures, blue-tinged skin or pale skin and low body temperature. Treatment for this condition includes breathing support. Intravenous fluids and vitamins may be administered until the alcohol is cleansed out of the body.

The ones who may take any products with alcohol such as methanol or isopropyl alcohol may have to go through a kidney dialysis. It is a mechanical way to filter waste and toxins from the body. Some home remedies can also help in this condition. A cold shower or black coffee can be useful in treating alcohol poisoning.

As prevention is always better than cure, you must not take too much alcohol. If you must, just drink moderately so that you can remain safe from its harmful effects.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

jogos de sinuca online