Location: International - France
Job Title: Support Specialist
Job Code: #9970
Last Updated: 28-Feb-2000
Based in Paris, you will be a member of a European-wide support team, responsible for providing technical support and training to MDL customers. You will use your technical and scientific expertise to support sales of MDL products, via presentations and demonstrations, application development and technical discussion with prospects and customers. This role will also include telephone support, on-site installations and technical meetings. Some travel to customer sites within the UK, Europe, and Scandinavia is expected.
- Help Sales Qualification process, positioning MDL's solutions to scientists, research management and IT
- Help Sales Qualification process by installation of MDL products for production use and/or evaluation purposes
- Technical discussions with IT specialists regarding choice and use of appropriate technologies and features/benefits of MDL solutions
- Development and delivery of demonstrations/proof of concept applications and prototypes to support the qualification/sales process
- Discussion/demonstrations with end-user scientists to understand workflow requirements and position of MDL products within this workflow
- Provide in-depth technical support and training for MDL products
- The equivalent of a 4-year degree in scientific discipline (i.e. Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry)
- The ability and desire to work with a variety of people to implement a solution
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Experience using scientific computer applications
- Demonstrable experience of modern programming languages e.g. VB, Java, etc.
- Practical experience in pharmaceutical/agrochemical research and/or substantial knowledge of research discovery processes
- Fluent French speaker
- Practical experience in pharmaceutical/agrochemical research
- Demonstrable experience with relational database systems such as Oracle
- Experience with Unix and/or Open VMS and/or NT server operating systems
- Expertise with internet/web technologies and/or programming experience with VB, Delphi
- Proven experience in a support environment
To apply for this position, please send your résumé with a cover letter specifying the position to email@example.com
About MDL | Support | Newsmagazine | Products | Services | Jobs © Copyright 2000 by MDL Information Systems, Inc. All rights reserved.
Please send comments or questions about this site to firstname.lastname@example.org.